Overall in good condition
A Russian bronze bell
Ca. 1875, by Evgeny Alexandrovich Lanceray (1848-1886)
The handle modeled as a young boy with a shovel, the body with 'EL' for E. Lanceray, marked with a foundry mark in Cyrillic and initials
4¼ in. (10.8 cm.) high
Provenance: family collection
Evgeny Alexandrovich Lanceray was a Russian sculptor. In 1861 he moved with his family to St Petersburg where he visited the studios of Ivan Konstantinovich Aivazovsky and Baron Pyotr Klodt von Jürgensburg and was awarded a gold watch for a statuette by the future Tsar Alexander III (1866). He travelled widely across Russia, Bashkiria, Kirghizia, Ukraine and the Caucasus, observing tribesmen and their animals. He sculpted around four hundred works on historical, ethnographic and genre themes. He cast works in bronze using the lost-wax method in foundries owned by Félix Chopin, Adolphe Moran and other Frenchmen in St Petersburg and in iron at foundries at Kasli in the Ural Mountains. Lanceray was awarded the titles of second-class artist (1869), first-class artist (1872) and honorary fellow of the Imperial Academy of Arts (1876). (http://www.wga.hu/bio_m/l/lanceray/biograph.html)
He was the father of Yevgeny Yevgenyevich Lansere (also spelled Eugene Lanceray (1875 –1946), the Russian graphic artist, painter, sculptor, mosaicist, and illustrator, associated stylistically with Mir iskusstv (Wikipedia).
A comparable bell was sold at Christie's London, South Kensington on June 4, 2013
您可从卖家地址上门自提: Utrecht (UT), 荷兰.