Damage on the chest (see photo)
Tempera on wood panel. According to the church tradition, the Smolensk “Hodigitria” icon of the Theotokos or “She who leads the way” was painted by the holy evangelist Lucas during the period that the Most Holy Mother of God lived on earth. The holy hierarch Demetrius van Rostov suggests that this icon was painted in request of Theophilus, the prefect of Antakya.
From Antakya, this holy image was brought to Jerusalem. Emperor Eudokia, the wife of Arcadius gave it to Pucheria in Constantinople, the sister of the emperor, who brought the holy icon to the Blachernae church.
Until the year 1046. The Byzantine emperor Constantine IX Monomachos (1042-1054) gave it to this daughter Anna in honour of her marriage with prince Vsevolod Yaroslavich, the son of Yaroslav the Wise. He blessed her with this icon. After the death of prince Vsevolod, the icon went to his son Vladimir Monomachos, in the early 12th century. In honour of the Dormition of the Most Holy Mother of God, it was brought to the Smolensk cathedral. From that moment, the icon became better known as the Smolensk Hodigitria The dimensions are 54 by 41 cm. In 2003, 2250 euros ...
您可从卖家地址上门自提: America (Limburg), 荷兰.